Wednesday, August 16, 2006

My first bullet....

I don't know who first got this idea but some 3 weeks back we started looking for rifle shooting alleys in my place and we found a place.... well i was pretty sure this will be more like a baloon shooting alley.. with air guns and iron pellets , it took us 2 weeks to make time to check out this place , the first question i asked my frnds (who have reached there a bit early) when i reached there was "Enit Bomma gunlee kada" but to my astonishment they are posing with real guns.. there are around 10-15 varieties of guns ranging form berettas to AK 47 , M 16s to choose from ... i rented a beretta and a pack of 50 slugs and went into the alley with ear plugs and gogs on....as we entered ... everybody was excited and afraid at the same time... we were the only ppl there... and we have a real gun with real ammo... and as soon we entered we selected our lane , fixed our target and placed it at the farthest possible end and on the other side others started loading the gun... they loaded 10 slugs and i had the loaded gun , no one asked to go first not even me and some how the gun was in my hand... i went to the lane removed the safety lock , loaded the bullet and now i need to pull the trigger and there was pin drop silence ...... How will the recoil be? Can i handle the recoil ? what about the back fire..... am i going to pull a muscle or two becoz of the recoil? how is the shot goin to sound? will I be able to hear the bullet whistle thru? ... these are say few of the millions of questions popping up in my hand...and somehow i managed to pull the trigger...there was a huge boom... a flash of fire in front of the barrel and the empty shell flew back and fell on the ground.. again a pin drop silence for few secs there and i slowly turned back to my frnds and i still cannot figure what i was feelin then firing my first shot..... and after that it was only excitement around... i completed my 10 shots , then all by frnds had their turns and i was the only person who didnot get even a single shot on the target but that is a different story!!!!!!

1 comment:

prathyu said...

tht was nice one..i thought u stopped bloggin ..visited after many days to ur blog...ofcourse shooting was really awesome experience....and bet I was the only one most scared there who hesistated to take gun n fire...:)..i was more scared thinking wht if the bullet comes back....hehehee..dunno how I got tht into mind......
missing u guys a lott..shall c ya soon i guess....hey u shud hv put some pics too..but I know u r lazy to do tht :p...